Sonntag, 27. Juni 2010

never sail a Moth without kicker - north V8 experience

This weekend we had some hard conditions - wind between 10 and 25 knots - very gusty!
After sone minutes my kicker was killed and than I tried to keep sailing (without it) ...
... as I had learned - not a very good idea! I had many problems to controll the boat and jumpt out on downwind course with about more than 20 knots of speed! This was a other way of flying (without boat)!!!

So at the end of this day, I can tell: The Assassin works fine - flys very stable if all settings are well done - if not - sail home!

The North V8! I have changed to the carbon battens. The sail is much more flat now and (so I think) excuses less mistakes for the sailer now - so I will change back to the original battens! Also I think the V8 is much flatter as the KA or the hyde sails are. Not shure about it, but I think in high winds it shoud be better. In very low winds the sail does not make the best looking for me! Also I have some problems with my cambers (secound from the top is turning down and comming out very often), with much of water in the sail after capsizing (OK my mistake that I am too much in water right now) and some little problems with quality of cloth, so I need to go to sailmaker ebfore the euros!

Over all I am quite happy with my assassin, but need to find the best settings for me!

It is time to say a big thanks to DOUG CULNANE for all of his help! And just to show how happy I am about this - I will donate this with a foretec gps as a present! THANKS

2 Kommentare:

  1. Hi Nikolaus,

    I had similar problems with the 2nd batten cam in my V8 - the first one with a cam and uses the smaller cam, yes? These cams have a right way up that will help with this (if you are using no spacers). Also I found using spacers with that cam made things worse. So don't use spacers and make sure it is the right way up - if you look at the thin end you will see the little bar across one end is deeper than the other - this wants to be at the top. I don't have any problems with this now.

    Simon

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Hi Nikolaus,

    Please drop me an e-mail at

    chris at design dot northsails dot com

    Thanks very much,

    Chris

    AntwortenLöschen

Über mich

Mein Bild
Wien, Österreich, Austria
Assassin Reseller 0699 17080924